ABSN Program FAQs
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about our Accelerated BSN program.
- When are the ABSN program start dates?
- What are the ABSN program admissions requirements?
- Do I need to complete prerequisites before I apply to the ABSN program?
- Is the Hybrid ABSN program 100% online?
- Can I work during the Accelerated BSN program?
- How much does the ABSN program cost?
- How do I begin the admissions process?
- Is Felician University’s Accelerated BSN program accredited?
- Who is this program for?
1. When are the ABSN program start dates?
With four program starts each year — in January, March, May, and August — it’s possible to start your nursing education sooner with our ABSN program.
2. What are the ABSN program admissions requirements?
In order to meet the admissions requirements for admittance into our Accelerated BSN program, you must have at least 60 college credits from a regionally accredited university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, or hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Additionally, if you haven’t taken all of the prerequisite courses, you will need to take them to be eligible.
3. Do I need to complete prerequisites before I apply to the ABSN program?
In order to be eligible for our Accelerated BSN program, you must complete the prerequisite requirements prior to enrolling in the program.
4. Is the Hybrid ABSN program 100% online?
No. Though it’s possible to learn nursing theory via online coursework, nursing is a hands-on profession, making hands-on practice a crucial component of your education. Our accelerated nursing program combines the convenience of online learning with in-person skills and simulation labs, and clinical rotations through Atlantic Health System and other area hospitals and healthcare facilities.
5. Can I work during the Accelerated BSN program?
We understand that some students may need to work while in the program; however, we do not recommend it. If you must, we strongly urge you to keep your hours to a minimum. Accelerated nursing programs require a lot of time and hard work, and many students consider them to be like working a full-time job in terms of time commitment. When talking to your admissions counselor, let him or her know of any financial concerns you have.
6. How much does the ABSN program cost?
Our Accelerated BSN program tuition is $50,750; however the fees for the online-based and campus-based ABSN programs differ. The tuition breakdown has complete details.
7. How do I begin the admissions process?
The first step toward applying for our ABSN program is to speak with an admissions counselor. He or she will review your previous college and high school transcripts, and go over the steps you will need to take to apply.
8. Is Felician University’s Accelerated BSN program accredited?
Our nursing programs meet all applicable state and national accreditation standards.
9. Who is this nursing program for?
Our ABSN program is for non-nurses with previous college experience. The nursing program makes it possible for qualified applicants to earn a BSN degree in as few as 16 or 19 months. Given the condensed format and intensive curriculum, it is not for everyone. In addition to fulfilling all admissions requirements, the ideal candidate is highly motivated and organized.
Still have questions about our accelerated nursing program? Contact our admissions team by calling (844) 347-2497 or filling out the form.